Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Trip to NYC

 Well, I took a trip to New York City over the weekend, and I saw a lot of cool Lego creations while I was there.


 This and a couple following were in the LEGO section of the Times Square Toys 'R' Us. This one is the Woolworth Building, one of the oldest skyscrapers in New York. You can't really read the plate, but it says the model took over 784 hours and 188,160 bricks to build.
 If you look in the bottom-right hand corner you'll see Master Chief. This, while cool, was made from Mega Blocks, and a blasphemy. I therefore didn't take a picture of it.


 And, in order, we have the Empire State Building, with King Kong on the top, the Hearst Building, and the Statue of Liberty.


 And this is an almost life-sized Captain Jack Sparrow. Oh, look! There's the sacrilegious Master Chief!

 Last one. This was in the LEGO Store in Rockefeller Plaza, actually right to the right of the ice skating rink if you're facing the building. This LEGO sign is made of a whole bunch of solid-colored minifigures.

 And that is my trip to NYC, as told by me through Legos. OK, this doesn't sum it up at all, but still. Shiny Legos!

No comments:

Post a Comment